It's an unofficial holiday that is celebrated in as many various ways as there are fathers. Whether it's taking him our for a round of golf, letting him sleep in a little, or doing the BBQing for him, just this once.
As our children are very active in sports, we will be celebrating with a family brunch and then off to a basketball tournament. After all, he wouldn't be a father without his kids.
However you celebrate, have an amazing day. And here's a recipe that you might be inspired to try…I got it from www.myvega.com, they have delicious, plant based recipes that you wouldn't even know are plant based. I dare you to try them.
Black Bean Burgers
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup red pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 cup kale, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cups black beans, drained and mashed
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds, minced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Brown rice flour, as needed
- Over medium heat sauté onion, garlic, jalapeno and red pepper in oil until softened. Add kale and cook until softened.
- Combine all ingredients together to form dough. Add brown rice flour as a binder, if needed.
- Shape dough into 6 burger patties and lightly dust with brown rice flour.
- Fry in a small amount of oil until golden on each side or bake for 20 minutes at 400 F.
- Optional: finish burgers on the grill and serve in gluten-free bun.
In good health,