- 1 pound 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 1 ½ pounds mixed mushrooms, sliced (such as portobello, crimini, oyster, beech, shitake)
- 6 scallions, white and light green parts only, sliced
- 6 cups water
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons miso
- In a large soup pot, cook turkey breast for 5-8 minutes over medium heat until no pink color remains; crumble with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add mushrooms to pot; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, to soften.
- Add scallions, water, and miso; stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover. Simmer 15 minutes.
Makes 4 servings
Per serving: 248 calories, 3 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 69 mg cholesterol, 18 g total carbohydrate, 6 g dietary fiber, 36 g protein, 1044 mg sodium.